Saturday, May 12, 2007

Woven into me


You’ll be gone soon…

And I’m trembling with trepidation…. not because your exit will debilitate me…

It’s because I’m struggling to vacate the corners of my mind…. to make space for your several impressions….

Its like a traveler’s anxiety which I feel when I lock my house to go out for a long vacation…. constantly wondering what I have left behind or left unfinished.

I mull over your reminiscences.

I can’t leave out anything…I want to pack everything in the valise of my psyche…as you pack your bags to leave…

Allow me to stay riveted …allow me to be immersed in you…allow me to stare at you for long…..I want to memorize everything about you…

Your eyes…I’ll miss them the most…. Unforthcoming as they are when they look at others….

They have been my voluble companions …. speaking to me beyond your measured words…

The way your eyes carry that heaving hushed unsheltered sea …with turbulent waves

The way your fleeting look traces the crumbling coves within me….and holds them there….

The way you embrace me till you lose your otherness…

The way your one glance deliquesces frozen spaces in me…

The crimples around your eyes when you try to convey something poignant…

The way the creases on your forehead unfurl when I wring my hands and pout just after I have gone ahead and done something that is forbidden…

Their intense gaze when they disentangle all that I manage to entangle….wires, earphones, ribbons…. the strands of light in the snarls of my hair… and even the medley of my groping mind…

And now you leave me here enmeshed in the web of shared moments …passionate, inexplicable and perennially mysterious….

Let me look at you till my eyes are flooded and then I will shut them…

Go wherever you want to go now…

Just stay there between my closed eyelids


4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the kind of stuff that makes it impossible to say goodbye :)

Unknown said...

diptu... u rock baby!

Anonymous said...

What a great piece! Excellent is an understatement! Please write more...... D P Satish New Delhi

Roshan Nazareth said...

u write well.